Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Food for thought


I can remember thinking to myself recently "this is what it means to be an adult" while I consumed half a bag of tortillas and salsa to pass the ten minutes of lull I had waiting for a friend to come pick me up for dinner.

This week again, "This life on your own, as a big grown up girl: dipping the knife into the jam jar right after spreading the peanut butter- without washing it first."

Last night: "This is life in community" as I came home, dropped my bag in my room and hacked my way around the banana leaves to Nicole's house where friends were just serving up dinner.

This morning: "This is absurd." I am pretty sure I know of NGO's that could buy more food than the WFP.


11 Comments:

At 2:00 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am noticing a trend. does your life revolve around food?

 
At 2:02 p.m. , Blogger Kiki said...

You are just noticing this NOW??
What are your plans for June 21st Susan???

 
At 2:04 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummmmmmmmmm....well as always on saturday, I will rise for my morning yoga and calesthetics. followed by the 21 km jaunt around Vancouver. After that I might hit up the gym for weights, and then at night maybe take in some summer time tennis?

 
At 2:09 p.m. , Blogger Kiki said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:14 p.m. , Blogger Kiki said...

Wow susan, if only I could be as disciplined and athletic as you...

 
At 10:44 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

if only, kiki. if only. Maybe one day I will take you under my wing and you can be my little athletic grasshoppah and i will teach you my ways.

 
At 10:43 a.m. , Blogger jenn said...

can you be home so we can play? i miss my kiki

 
At 11:32 a.m. , Blogger Kiki said...

soon! soon I will come home and play! what shall we play? scrabble??
What was that board game that one time at your house?? I came late- I wasn't paying attention, it seemed complicated.
Nobody likes playing board games with us, let's play shuffleboard instead.
or jacks!
Tiddley-winks??

 
At 9:27 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't comment on blogs that were written months ago.....

 
At 9:28 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

#10 comment - the internationally accepted sign for WRITE A FREAKING NEW BLOG ALREADY.

 
At 10:09 a.m. , Blogger Kiki said...

well... actually one commment was removed so, with this one NOW there are ten. You were a bit lacking there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home