Saturday, December 03, 2005

Baby its cold outside....


Ok, so this will be my THIRD time blogging today, after not blogging for a good three weeks... can you tell its exam time? LET THE STUDY EXTRAVAGANZA BEGIN! or should i say, let the procrastination begin!!
I even have a theme song: i hereby officially declare that December 1-12th shall be marked by the solemn occasion of the playing of the december 1-12th anthem: "Baby its cold outside" by Dean Martin. Because a) it is FRICKING cold out here, and b) I am all about the procrastinating- put it off! why do today what you could do tomorrow?

"...I really must go-But baby its cold outside- My mother will start to worry- oh darlin what's your hurry?"

also, i just went to starbucks (hence the reason i know the exact temperature, which is, ahem, -78degrees). I got a latte and in the two block walk home- it got cold, i had to reheat it!! Does ANYONE remember the days of carpooling when i got starbucks on the langley bypass and wouldnt drink it til ladner??!!! THATS HOW COLD IT IS OUTSIDE.

BRRRRRRRRRRR.

Also, i cannot believe that i have yet to blog about the MOST important event of the week- THE TOPPLING OF THE GOVERNMENT on monday night. Let's just say more than one peasant in me rejoiced, and by that i mean, i dance upon the grave of the 38th parliament, in other words, it just might have been the highlight of my semester. what i am trying to say is, i was ON parliament hill when History took place. And i cheered.

So i guess the cat's outta the bag, my time in ottawa hasn't exactly made me fall in love with the liberal party eh?

but nevertheless it was pretty exciting, and if you watched carefully on the global news coverage, you would have seen me standing in the parliamentary hall of honour behind Kevin Newman and Jack Layton. Yeah, they wanted to interview me, but my press secretary wasnt around, so i didnt bother to authorise it. i was too busy and important anyways (see picture below).

The thing is, i dont think anyone who is not in the house right now really understands -or cares to for that matter- how BIG this moment was in canadian history, no like you guys REALLY dont seem to care!! i am BAFFLED!

shocked

alarmed

dismayed...

ASTONISHED...

speechless, i am without speech.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 a.m. , Blogger Ericka said...

haha. i'm with you on the procrastination. whenver i start to do work, i think about my track record. i have always gotten everything done and gotten reasonable marks therefore i conclude that will happen this time as well...therefore i should take today off. that's logical, right?

 
At 9:13 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you in the snow. This is one of those "you ain't seen nothing yet" moments, the " I walked to and from school uphill both ways in the snow at -30 when I was your age" moments. You look great - new jacket? Love Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home